Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Story Board Wall


My storyboard wall is made of two sheets of  4' x 8' white homasote fiber board.  Its the best thing I ever put in my studio, besides the antique bubble gum machine, which I keep filled with M and M peanuts.  I like to pin all my sketches up so I can refer to them easily as I work. Of course it helps to have a big wall. My last studio was so small I had to wrap it around the room. 



This story board is from Boris and Stella and the Perfect Gift, and I'll be taking it down soon.  I always feel a little sad doing this, a little excited thinking about what will be next, and a little terrified because...


well, look … isn't this scary?





2 comments:

  1. white page (wall) fear... it's a very real thing.

    Dara, I am really enjoying the look into your process!

    And I know that this is kind of self-serving so I apologize in advance, I would love your thoughts on my portfolio website that I just launched:

    Astroluc.com

    Thank you, and looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lucas! Your site looks fabulous! I love the way you use watercolor, and your people are amazing. I especially love your roaring lion. Your about page is too empty … you should put more on it … and give us a photo too!!!. People will want to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete